Dedicated to Ernst Zündel - Prisoner of Conscience

The concepts expressed in this document are protected by the basic human right to freedom of speech, as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, reaffirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court as applying to the Internet content on June 26, 1997.

News Archive    Printer Version April 20, 2006   
 

Ernst Zündel
needs your support! Please visit the donation page.


Subscribe to our
world-famous
ZGrams



 From zundelsite.org:

  Prison Letters
  Article Archive
  ZGram Archive
  Court Documents
  Other Languages
  Other Websites
  Search
  Contact us



Now available:



Find out who this "premier thought criminal" really is - how he thinks, how he writes, what he's really saying! You will be astonished to learn why this man is so feared by the world's manipulators of your thoughts!

Order form:
- HTML format
- PDF Format

Order online: 

 

Holocaust Enforcer News Update

Two pieces of news from the Holocaust Orthodoxy crowd - in case you haven't yet heard. The Zundelsite shames the current German government for pimping for the Holocaust Enforcers by arresting Revisionist leaders in other countries for Mannheim-based Stalinist-type show trials - and salutes the Arolsen folks for finally yielding to truth-seeking pressure from legitimate revisionist researchers all over the world.

Regarding these Arolsen archives - don't let yourselves be fooled by comments like Sarah Bloomfield's of the US Holocaust Memorial Museum - it was outfits like hers that blocked access to Arolsen all along!

At any rate, there's movement on the Big-H Front, some not so good, some excellent:

Mainstream Media Poodle Articles:


2 charged for Holocaust denial

18/04/2006 22:26 - (SA)

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1918387,00.html 

Berlin - German prosecutors say they have charged a German far-right activist, extradited from the United States, and a Belgian man, handed over by the Netherlands, with incitement for allegedly denying the Holocaust.

On Tuesday, prosecutors in the western city of Mannheim said Germar Rudolf and Siegfried Verbeke were accused of "systematically" denying or playing down the Nazi genocide of Europe's Jews in documents and on the internet, and of stirring anti-Semitic hatred.

Denying the Holocaust is a crime in Germany. It carries a maximum sentence of five years imprisonment

Rudolf, 41, published a study claiming to prove that the Nazis did not gas Jews at the Auschwitz concentration camp.

He was deported to Germany from the US in November, to serve a 14-month prison sentence for a 1995 conviction on similar charges.

Verbeke, 64, was arrested in the Netherlands and also extradited to Germany in November.

Prosecutors in Mannheim are leading a similar, but unrelated case, against Ernst Zundel, a German deported from Canada last year.


Germany offers to help open records of Holocaust

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nationworld/bal-te.holocaust19apr19,0,5482410.story?coll=bal-nationworld-headlines 

WASHINGTON // Germany said yesterday that it will help clear the way for opening records on 17 million victims of the Nazis, a major step toward ending a long battle over access to a vast and detailed archive from that era.

German Justice Minister Brigitte Zypries said her country would work with the United States to ensure the opening of the archives, which are held in the German town of Bad Arolsen, and allow historians and survivors access to 30 million to 50 million documents.

Until now, Germany had resisted providing access to the archives, pointing to privacy concerns.

The announcement, made at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, came after a decades-long effort by Holocaust survivor groups and several countries to gain wider access to the archives. In a meeting yesterday, Zypries said Germany had changed its position and would immediately seek revision of an 11-nation accord governing the archives. The 10 other countries must also formally agree if the records are to be opened, a process she said would take no more than six months.

Edward B. O'Donnell Jr., the State Department's special envoy for Holocaust issues, said he was encouraged, but he added, "We still have negotiations to do."

The next step is a meeting in Luxembourg on May 15, when all 11 countries would have to reach a consensus. In some instances, parliaments would have to approve the archives' opening as well.

Opening the archives would enable many survivors and families of victims of the Nazis to find out with more certainty what happened to their relatives.

"We are losing the survivors, and anti-Semitism is on the rise, so this move could not be more timely," said Sarah Bloomfield, director of the U.S. Holocaust Museum.

For 60 years, the International Red Cross has used the archived documents to trace missing and dead Jews and forced laborers, who were systematically persecuted by Nazi Germany and its confederates across central and eastern Europe before and during World War II.

But the archives have remained off-limits to historians and the public.

Speaking in German, Zypries said, "We now agree to open the data in Bad Arolsen in Germany. We now assume the data will be safeguarded by those countries that copy the material and use it, and now that we have made this decision we want to move forward." Her remarks were translated into English for reporters.

Germany's privacy law is one of the most restrictive among the 11 countries, Shapiro said. Remaining safeguards, he said, might limit duplicating a document or prevent using the name of someone mentioned without the person's permission, he said.

Dissemination through the Internet also might be tightly restrained. However, privacy laws of the other countries will now prevail, he said. Most are less restrictive than Germany's.

Bloomfield called the decision "a great step, a really important step." She said, "I will be completely thrilled when I get the material in the archives."

"Overall, it makes it possible to learn a lot more about the fate of individuals and to learn a lot more about the Holocaust itself - concentration camps, deportations, slave-enforced labor and displaced persons," Paul Shapiro, director of the museum's center for advanced holocaust studies, said.

International Red Cross Committee spokesman Antonella Notari said that body is not on the 11-member decision-making panel and is not against opening the archives, but it believes personal information needs to be treated carefully. The international body opened its own archives a decade ago, she said.

"It should definitely be open for historical research, and there are ways to do that with respect for personal data," said Notari, who is chief spokeswoman of the ICRC in Geneva.

Besides Germany and the United States, the other countries involved are Belgium, Britain, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Poland.



Please write to Ernst Zündel, let him know that he is not alone:

Ernst Zündel 
Justizvollzugsanstalt Mannheim 
Herzogenrieder Strasse 111 
D 68169 Mannheim 
Germany 

Contribute to Ernst Zündel's Defence

Help free Ernst Zundel, Prisoner of Conscience. His prison sketches - now on-line and highly popular - help pay for his defence. Take a look - and tell a friend.


Additional articles:


Click to enlarge. Contact the Zundelsite:  
3152 Parkway #13, PMB109,   
Pigeon Forge, TN,
37863, USA.
E-Mail:
Ingrid Rimland:
irimland@zundelsite.org
 

  To top

Please support the Zundelsite - the most politically besieged website on the Net!